In honor of Beautycounter’s 10th birthday, I’m sharing my absolute must-haves from this incredible beauty brand! I became a brand advocate…..I think it’s been about 5 years ago now…because I fell in love with so many of their products, their mission to make safer cosmetics, and their passion for advocating for more health-protective laws in the beauty industry. A cosmetics company that puts people over profit and their money and effort where their mouth is? Um, yes, please! While a lot of what I use on the daily from my skincare regimen to my makeup routine is admittedly from Beautycounter, these six products are my can’t-live-without-absolutely-must-have-at-all-times products! And if you’ve never tried anything from Beautycounter, these are the products I’d recommend to and for everyone. And with Beautycounter celebrating their birthday with not just one but TWO free gifts with purchase, now is the perfect time to give their products a try or stock up on your must-haves!
1. Starting with my holy grail skincare product, the product that I’ve referred to as a “skincare gamechanger” from day one, the Overnight Resurfacing Peel! If you follow Carmel’s House of Beauty on Instagram, you know that I regularly try comparable products from other brands. But I’ve yet to find anything that even comes close to being as amazing as this leave-on peel. This is a weekly treatment product that you use a couple of nights a week, applying it after toner and before moisturizer. It utilizes a blend of alpha and beta hydroxy acids to exfoliate the skin while you sleep. And it works wonders! Chemical exfoliation is so key to a good skincare regimen!
2. Speaking of evening moisturizers, I truly look forward to applying my Countertime Supreme Cream at night! Not going to lie, she’s a pricey gal to be so in love with; but she does multiple jobs, and she lasts for up to 6 months – no lie! This isn’t your basic evening cold cream. This is a thick, luxuriously rich glycerin-and-shea-butter-based moisturizer that also packs a punch with an incredible ingredient often referred to as a retinol alternative, bakuchiol. Same results as retinol without any of the harsh side effects. And if you’re using retinol, you can use this in conjunction for even better results! A pea-sized amount is all you need.
And if your skin is on the oily side, instead of this cream, I’d recommend the Countertime Soft Cream is a little lighter, more like a lotion than a cream.
3. The Reflect Effect Bamboobuff Exfoliating Polish is my newest Beautycounter obsession! They launched this new product as part of a holiday gift set, and then just recently added it to their line-up. And I was SO glad because it’s unlike any scrub I’ve ever used! Firstly, it’s a powder that you can mix with any cleanser or mask you want, so you have full customization over how much exfoliation you’re skin wants. The more of this gritty powder you add the more intense your polish is going to feel. And second, it’s so effective, and yet, so gentle, unlike most face scrubs that often leave skin feeling injured or inflamed, this polish leaves skin feeling refreshed! I love to add this polish to my Counterstart Cleanser in the mornings after nights when I’ve used the Overnight Peel. So I get a little chemical exfoliation overnight and then a gentle manual exfoliation in the morning! It gives next level glow!
4. If glowing skin is your end game, the All Bright C Serum will be your new BFF. And honestly, if you’re not already using a vitamin C serum before you apply your daily sunscreen, you should be. Not trying to be your mother here, but actual scientific studies have shown that when you combine vitamin C with sunscreen it increases efficacy. Seriously, google it. I’ve tried quite a few different C serums over the past few years, experimenting with higher percentages, and I always come back to Beautycounter’s C Serum. Their 10% blend is non-irritating but totally effective. And I love that it’s formulated with camu camu extract which instantly brightens skin!
5. Sunscreen is hands-down the most important product in a skincare regimen, and the Countersun Daily Sheer Defense is my favorite! It’s a mineral sunscreen, which I prefer and my dermatologist recommends, yet it leaves no white cast. It rubs in completely! And the best part is it’s actually a lightweight moisturizer that has an SPF 25 in it, so I don’t need an additional moisturizer during the day. I layer it on top of my C Serum after it has fully absorbed. And then I apply my makeup.
6. Last but not least is my beloved Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer which also rocks a mineral sunscreen with an SPF 20! You can never apply too much sunscreen, in my opinion. Remember when everyone was raving about BB and CC creams a couple of years ago, well, that’s kind of what Dew Skin is like. Except, it’s better. It gives skin sheer, lightweight coverage with a really beautiful dewy finish…hence the name. It makes skin look so healthy and radiant. I wear it every day! Even when I exercise because it doesn’t feel or look like you’re wearing makeup. It just looks like your skin, but better. 😉 Most days, I only wear it with a little concealer and never feel like I need anything more in the face makeup department. I’ve been using Dew Skin since I first fell in love with Beautycounter all those years ago. And it’s still a favorite of mine! I use number 4.
To celebrate their 10th birthday, Beautycounter is offering TWO incredible FULL-SIZE free gifts with purchase! You get the All Bright C Serum (a $90 value) when you spend $125+, and when you spend $250+, they’ll add in the Reflect Effect AHA Smoothing Facial Mask (a $96 value)! This is the best FREE GIFT deal I’ve ever seen them offer!!!
But the deals don’t stop there! They’re also offering a discount on their Band of Beauty membership right now! You can join or rejoin their rewards program for just $10! This program earns you 10% back in product credit on every purchase plus so many more perks! And you’ll also get another free gift when you join and spend $50! More details here!
I can’t think of a better time to try or stock up! Drop any questions that you might have below!