My sweet, teenage daughter went to a semi-formal dance this past weekend. And when I shared this photo (with her permission of course) on my Instagram Stories, so many people asked me to share the source of her gorgeous dress! Happy to do it, and bonus, it’s under $100!
I know firsthand how difficult the hunt for an affordably-priced, beautiful high-school formal dress can be. On the one hand, these are once-in-a-lifetime moments that will live in their memories forever, so you want them to feel like a million bucks in their gown. But on the other hand, you don’t want to spend a fortune on a dress they’ll likely only wear once.
With so many fellow moms reaching out to me about my girl’s dress this weekend, I asked my daughter to round up some formal dress options, and she was happy to do it! And the best part is, all of these pretty dresses are under $100!
1. The soft, mauve-rose color of this one-shoulder satin dress is so pretty!
2. Navy blue is a nice, classic alternative to black. And I love the hemline and ruffled style of this dress.
3. This gold satin one-shoulder dress is stunning.
4. This classic black dress is so simple and elegant. And the back is just gorgeous!
5. This dress comes in 3 other colors besides black.
6. This simple, satin dress looks like it could be dressed up or down, so it may work for more than just a formal occasion.
7. The neckline of this dress is so pretty, and it’s under $70!
8. Last but not least is this pretty-in-pink beauty! And I have a feeling if my girl hadn’t already scored her prom dress at a thrift shop a few months ago, this would probably be the dress she’d want to wear. The strapless style, color, and ruffle are just so pretty!
She happened to stumble across this vintage dress back in December and fell in love. And because I love that she appreciates vintage clothing I had to get it for her! Thrifted is best in my opinion, but finding a dress you love in good condition that fits is not the easiest, so I hope these affordable dress options my girl put together are helpful as prom season approaches!