You can apply for or renew your passport through the Prothonotary’s Office by appointment only.
Before booking your appointment below, carefully review the following information because your appointment will be rescheduled if you do not complete the following requirements.
Bring the following to your appointment. If you are missing any of the requirements below, your appointment will be rescheduled.
- With the exception of your signature – which must be done in the presence of the passport clerk – bring your completed passport application(s). All applications must be completed in black ink. You will not have enough time to finish an application during your appointment. You can download an application here.
- Each person applying for a passport must be present; applications cannot be submitted on behalf of another person.
- Photo identification and citizenship evidence
- Cash or a money order to pay your $35 passport execution fee to the Prothonotary and your $10 (or more) photo fee.
- A personal check or a money order to pay the Department of State fees. See the current fee schedule.
- We process only DS-11 forms. DS-82 (renewal) forms must be sent through the mail.
- Photos: if you are having your photo taken, you cannot wear a shirt that is white, camouflage print, or displays a badge. If you do, your photo may be rejected by the State Department. The Prothonotary’s Office is not responsible for photographs that are rejected due to clothing choices.
- If you’re getting a passport photo for a child younger than 2 years, you must bring a plain white blanket or sheet to use for the photo background.
- The U.S. Department of State advises that any applicants selecting gender marker X option (for unspecified or another gender identity) can apply for only a U.S. passport book through routine service. Anyone with gender marker X can’t obtain a U.S. passport card or utilize expedited or urgent travel service until late 2023.
Note: Each appointment slot accommodates 1-3 people. If 4 or more people are applying, please book at least 2 appointment slots to ensure there’s enough time to process all of the applications.
Appointments can be made a minimum 2 weeks in advance and no more than 30 days in advance. Go to the U.S. Department of State website if you need to schedule an appointment for life-or-death emergency service or urgent travel service.
Book your Norristown Office appointment here. If no appointment slots appear, that means we are fully booked one month in advance. Please check back tomorrow as new spots open up daily. There may also be cancelations.
Book your Willow Grove Office appointment here. If no appointment slots appear, that means we are fully booked one month in advance. Please check back tomorrow as new spots open up daily. There may also be cancelations.
The Norristown Office offers a photo service at $10 per photo. Do not wear a camouflage print shirt, shirt with a badge, or white shirt for your photo; your photo may be rejected by the Department of State. You can also bring a photo that was taken within the last 6 months. However, pictures that don’t meet U.S. passport requirements will not be accepted.
Passport Locations & Hours
|Montgomery County Court House||
Willow Grove Annex
|Swede and Airy Streets
Court House 1st Floor
Norristown, PA 19404-0311
|102 N. York Road
Willow Grove, PA 19090
No photo services at this location
|Monday – Friday
9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
|Phone: 610-278-3783||Phone: 610-278-3783|