Buying or selling a home is complicated enough, but when you have to sell your current home to buy a new one, the need to coordinate multiple parties and timelines intensifies. But just as you use your phone to book a flight, hail a ride, or order groceries, imagine that you buy and sell your home the same way.
Now, homeowners in 7 new markets – Columbia, South Carolina; Greensboro-Winston Salem, North Carolina; Indianapolis, Indiana; Las Vegas, Nevada; Minneapolis-St.Paul, Minnesota; Nashville, Tennessee; and Salt Lake City, Utah – can do just that using Opendoor to conveniently both Buy + Sell their home, with complete control over the entire transaction. Homeowners get the flexibility they need, including lining up closing dates to avoid paying double mortgages or having to move twice.
When Stefen Blasingame and his family moved from New York to Arizona, they quickly bought a home, but they knew deep down it wasn’t their forever home. Two years later, the family’s dream home came on the market, and they didn’t want to delay. But they needed to first sell their current home, and then coordinate the big move. With young kids, Stefen and his wife didn’t want to uproot their family by moving multiple times, or even renting for a period of time in between homes. So they turned to Opendoor.
“We knew that if we were going to make the move a reality, Opendoor was our best bet to make that dream happen for us,” said Stefen. “It was really, truly on our own terms and we appreciated that, especially with our past experiences.”
Like the Blasingame family, nearly one in three of buyers who closed on a home with Opendoor, also sold their home to Opendoor. And customers want a one-stop shop when it comes to real estate: 82% of sellers nationwide say they would prefer to use one company for all real estate transactions. Opendoor provides that one stop, combining selling and buying into a single, seamless transaction. Here’s how it works:
- Get an Opendoor offer on your home: Sell your home directly to us. Confirm a few details about your home, and we’ll make you a preliminary offer in minutes. Or, you have the option to list your home with an Opendoor agent. In 2022, Opendoor sent 7.6 offers per minute to potential customers.
- Find your next home: Browse and tour any home on the market*, in-person with a member of our team or over a video call, at a time that works best for you. You can even book same day tours. Potential buyers searched for homes on Opendoor 32M times in 2022.
- Avoid the hassle of finding an agent right away: When you’re ready to buy, we’ll pair you with a top local agent who has knowledge of the local market and will help negotiate with the seller around repairs and costs. We’ll never pressure you to buy and you’re never locked in using us as your buying agent.
- Before you’re ready to buy, we’re here 7 days a week: Our team is here to answer questions around things like specific homes, touring, and buying + selling with Opendoor.
- Close on your schedule: When your offer gets accepted, we’ll help coordinate your closing dates, so you don’t have to pay for two mortgages or two moves.
In 2021, we were excited to introduce a new way to tackle the challenges of moving the old-fashioned way for homeowners who need to sell and buy at the same time. Now available in 25 major metros across the U.S., homeowners can Buy + Sell with Opendoor in Atlanta, Austin, Charlotte, Columbia, Dallas-Fort Worth, Denver, Greensboro-Winston Salem, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Minneapolis-St.Paul, Nashville, Northern Colorado, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh-Durham, Riverside, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, Tampa, and Tucson.
Our vision is simple: buy, sell and move at the tap of a button. If you’re looking to sell and buy your home, visit Opendoor.com.
*Self-touring Opendoor-owned homes is not currently available in Las Vegas.